Buying A Restaurant Franchise
Buying a Franchise is a good way to get into the restaurant industry, especially if -
1. Your experience is limited.
2. You need more structure and support getting started.
3. You are looking for an established business name and mode of operation.
According to Entrepreneur the fastest selling franchise is Subway with 26,197 locations worldwide. The Top Ten List for 2007 are:
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
- 7-Eleven Inc.
- UPS Store, The/Mil Boxes Etc.
- Domino's Pizza LLC
- Jiffy Lube Int'l. Inc.
- Sonic Drive In Restaurants
- Papa John's Int'l. Inc.
Franchises are regulated by the Federal Trade Commission and may also
have state regulations.
• The product or service has been developed and tested.
• A franchise name has instant name recognition.
• Assistance may be provided in starting the business.
• You may have support from other franchisees, consultants or trainers.
• You may get better prices for supplies and products.
• You may be provided with advertising materials.
• You may have to pay a high franchise fee.
• You may have to pay weekly royalties on your gross sales.
• You may be required to pay franchise advertising fees.
• You may be required to update your business according to franchise standards and this could result in costly remodels.
• Your franchise can be terminated if you are in default of their standards.
• Your success may depend on the success of the franchiser. The franchiser may go out of business.
• Other franchisees in you area may operate poorly loosing you potential customers.
Want to buy an existing franchise? We recommend reading, "Buying An Existing Franchise," What you need to know when you plan to buy a "used" franchise instead of a new one. By Jeff Elgin
Restaurant Franchise Links:
Franchise Mall - Food Franchises - Visit this comprehensive Web site to find food franchises in different categories like, cheese steaks, chicken varieties, wrapped sandwiches, specialty restaurants, dine-in, carry out etc.
Taco John Franchise - Get information on how to Start a Taco John's.
Desert Moon Franchise - Start a Desert Moon Franchise - "Combining the food quality and ambiance of a full-service restaurant with the rapid efficiency of a fast-feeder, Desert Moon Fresh Mexican Grille defines one of the most compelling trends driving restaurant growth today—the consumer's demand for flavor."
Food Franchises: Baskin Robbins, Blimpie, Carvel, Pretzel Time, www.entrepreneur.com/foodfranchises/0,3385,1506,00.html
Search for Canadian food franchises and find resources for the restaurant entrepreneur and business professional. www.canadianfranchise.com/food.asp
FranchiseWorks.com - directory of franchise opportunities and information. www.franchiseworks.com
Top Fast Food Franchises: Burger King, Subway, McDonalds
We provide information on fast food franchises including Krispy Kreme Donuts, Pizza Hut, Dairy Queen and Panera Bread. - www.findafranchise.net/fastfood.html
Franchise Direct;franchise opportunities:fast food franchise, Franchise Opportunities: Specializing in fast food restaurant franchises.www.franchisedirect.com/directory/food-quick_index.htm
FranchiseSolutions.com - View our selection of popular home-based options.
FranchiseAdvantage.com - Franchise Guide - Search our franchise guide and database for thousands of established franchises and businesses
for sale www.franchiseadvantage.com