Hiring An Account
Choosing An Accountant
A certified public accountant can be an important adviser for your restaurant business and may have the greatest impact on the success or failure of your restaurant.
Some areas a cpa can benefit your business.
1) Give advice on developing an accounting system.
2) Prepare payroll and payroll liability forms.
3) Help you resolve management problems.
4) Manage employee benefit plans.
5) Analyze financial information for management decision-making.
6) Help Chart future actions based on your restaurants past performance.
7) Serve as a tax advisor with tax strategies, prepare tax returns and help minimize your tax liability
8) Represent you before tax authorities in case of a tax audit.
9) Manage your investments
Tips to help you choose and accountant and get the most for your money:
- Chose a certified public accountant.
- Make sure he/she is licensed to practice in your state.
- Ask for references for other businesses.
- Choose an accountant who is responsive, how quickly will your accountant get back to you.
- Write down your plans and objectives before meeting with him/her.
- Explain what services you need.
- Keep good records
- Inform your accountant of changes that can affect your tax liabilities.
Every state also has a State Board of Accountants. To find an accountant in your area, call the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants at 1-800-777-7077.
More resources to find an account:
Accounting terminology guide - Learn the accounting lingo.
Accountants World Directory Listing - Extensive database of over 35,000 professionals all across the U.S. with full details including address, phone numbers, services offered and specialization.
FIND AN ACCOUNTANT - UK accountants local listings - FIND AN ACCOUNTANT IN SCOTLAND EDINDURGH SCOTTISH ACCOUNT HIGHLANDS OF SCOTLAND.
The National Association of Small Business Accountants
Search the member database for an accountant in your