Food Safety Tips - Gloves
Using Gloves Safely In The Restaurant Food Business
The use of gloves does not replace hand washing. Hand washing and glove use go hand-in-hand and care should be taken not to allow gloves to create a false sense of security.
Glove Safety Rules:
- Hands must be washed before donning gloves and after removing them.
- Always use fresh gloves.
- Change your gloves at least once every hour.
- Use gloves before handling ready-to-eat foods.
- Use gloves that fit properly.
- Change gloves when changing jobs, such as, when switching between raw and ready-to-eat foods.
- Change gloves after taking out the garbage.
- Change gloves after sweeping, mopping and cleaning.
- Change gloves if they become contaminated from Sneezing, coughing or touching one's hair or face with a gloved hand.
- Change gloves if they tear.
- Because perspiration causes bacteria to multiply in the warm climate under gloves, wash hands after you take the gloves off and before you switch to a fresh pair. Do Not use latex Gloves! Latex gloves can cause serious allergic reactions.
Pesticides and Food - What You and Your Family Need to Know from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Food Safety // foodborn illness // food safety glossary // HAACP// employee hygiene // pest control // calibrating thermometers // safe food temperatures // taking food temperatures // health inspections posted online // about restaurant health inspections // handling food safely // using gloves // Dishwashing // work safety // safe food storage // food product recalls / / hand washing // food labeling // keeping your restaurant clean